Date:      Sun, 03 Oct 1999 18:18:47 -0400
From:      "Gary T. Corcoran" <garycor@home.com>
To:        Ben Lovett <blovett@darkstar.sandi.net>
Cc:        High Voltage <zapper@idsmail.com>, FreeBSD-Stable <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: @Home Connect.

Ben Lovett wrote:

No, you're not wrong, but you can make it even simpler.  While
@home uses DHCP to simplify the setup of Windoze boxes, they
actually assign you a static IP address.  If you setup your Ethernet
card with the IP address (and DNS, etc.) that they tell you on the
sheet they give you, FreeBSD will work just fine with @home.

Gary