Date:      Wed, 12 Apr 2000 21:54:56 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Brandon D. Valentine" <bandix@looksharp.net>
To:        "Louis A. Mamakos" <louie@TransSys.COM>
Cc:        housley@thehousleys.net, Randy Bush <randy@psg.com>, FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>, Steve VanDevender <stevev@darkwing.uoregon.edu>
Subject:   Re: sendmail.mc

On Wed, 12 Apr 2000, Louis A. Mamakos wrote:

>But do I really need the whole source tree around to build a sendmail.cf
>file?  We expect folks to rebuild other "working files" in /etc/mail
>now, why not the sendmail.cf file?  Perhaps there's a belief that you
>can have a sufficiently general config file, and customize the various
>databases it uses.
>
>louie

Sorry to confuse you, but your original post asked "Where does FreeBSD
keep its sendmail.mc file?"  I told you.  No you don't have to have the
whole source tree around.  All you need is what is mentioned elsewhere
in this thread.  No point in my retyping it.  To answer your question
about /etc/mail: Yes, it's true that those files can be rebuilt by their
own Makefile.  The problem with doing the same for sendmail.cf is that
it depends on its m4 includes being in src/contrib/sendmail/cf/cf/.

Brandon D. Valentine
--
    "...and as for hackers, we note that all of those known to
    The Register are so strapped financially that seizing their