Date:      Sun, 4 Oct 1998 10:13:46 +0000
From:      Ghulum Dastgir <Ghulam_Dastgir@uk.ibm.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   new users and headaches

hi,

after adding a new user I see that there is nothing in the new user's home
directory. So when I try starting X windows (as the new user) with startx/xinit
it says command not found (X already works as root).
Given that i have nothing in the new user's home directory does this probably
explain why I can't start X? I thought that using adduser automatically copied
over the basic, already installed utilities from root to the new user. But this
does not appear to be the case.
Why?
So do I now have to go about copying everything that i use in root to the new
user? This would include X, emacs, gcc etc in my case.
Also when i echo $PATH as this new user  i get /usr/bin:/bin. Does this also
explain things.

Thanks,
Ghulam