Date:      Thu, 19 Feb 1998 16:46:34 -0800
From:      John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@efn.org>
To:        Joao Carlos Mendes Luis <jonny@coppe.ufrj.br>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cx4237 == cs4237 ?

Joao Carlos Mendes Luis scribbled this message on Feb 19:
>   I'm searching for a cs4237 based card, with no luck.  Today I found
> one, made by a company named Crystal :^), with a CX4237B-XQ3 chip in
> it.  The second line of the chip, if that matters is ATAORD9645.  This
> makes me think that its an extension to support ATAPI CDROMs, but I
> need a confirmation before wasting 50 US$ in it.  :(
>
>   Has somebody already seen this chip ?  Is it full compatible with
> cs4237 ?

yes, the cx4237b acts just like a cs4237...  I personally run two..
and have a few other friends that use it too...  works great...

one thing you might want to make sure is that you can disable the
inline audio amp if you plan on using it with a stereo system...

--
  John-Mark Gurney                          Modem/FAX: +1 541 683 6954
  Cu Networking					  P.O. Box 5693, 97405

  Live in Peace, destroy Micro$oft, support free software, run FreeBSD