Date:      Wed, 31 May 1995 09:10:39 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Eric Chet <echet@coil.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FTP Install Problems 2.0.5 ALPHA

Hello
     I would first like to say 2.0.5 ALPHA looks great so far, now
if I can get past the install utility :-)  I don't have any problems
setting everything up, everything goes smoothly.

     I'm trying to install over FTP with a modem and ppp.  I get
a "FTP unspecified error -1" when it tries to connect.  I switch
to the debug screen it says "DEBUG: Connection failed: No route to host(65)"
I'm trying to connect to ftp.FreeBSD.ORG.  I have tried every other host
on the list with the same result :-(.  What is the IP for ftp.FreeBSD.ORG
and FreeBSD.cdrom.com?  I would like to try them direct.

I did check the ppp " show route " it gives me the proper information

Provider IP: 198.4.94.1
My Dynamic IP: 198.4.94.140

I will be on the system all day, I want to get this working.  Please email
and post to the list.

Thank You

Eric Chet
echet@coil.com