Date:      Sat, 22 Mar 2008 10:01:21 +0100
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7@cox.net>
Cc:        emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What's plan for USE_LINUX with USE_XLIB?

Quoting "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7@cox.net> (Fri, 21 Mar 2008 19:55:23 -0500):

> Hello folks,
>
> I am not sure what's plan for USE_LINUX with USE_XLIB? I am maintaining
> for www/linux-opera and this port is last one that have USE_XLIB in my
> maintainship of ports. I am wondering if I should remove USE_XLIB from
> linux-opera and manual add dependencies in Makefile or I should wait for
> something to get change in future? Thanks.
>
> BTW: Please CC to me as I am not in this list.

We used this to select the right X11 port during a transition period.
Strictly speaking it's not needed currently, but it will be needed in
the next transition period. Boris is working on a system like you use
in GNOME to select some linux dependencies. I think the X stuff is a
good candidate for this.

He wants to introduce this in the near future, so for now just keep the
USE_XLIB (the behavior is redefined in the USE_LINUX case anyway).

Bye,
Alexander.

--
She's the kind of girl who climbed the ladder of success wrong by wrong.
		-- Mae West