Date:      Fri, 03 Dec 1999 23:04:44 -0200
From:      Gustavo V G C Rios <grios@ddsecurity.com.br>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   reboots

Hi!
I am sending this message, in order to get a help from you wizards.

Just after turn power on, i get into FreeBSD boot manager, it is given
me three choices:
F1: DOS
F2: FreeBSD
F3: Linux

Then, i select FreeBSD (F2)! Now, after BTX delay time to boot i time
ESC, what brings me into the following prompt:

disk2s2a:>

I issue the reboot command, what cause some register values to be
printed into the screen, and the message: System Halted.

After the system halted message i come into the OS menu again:
F1: DOS
F2: FreeBSD
F3: Linux

I choose FreeBSD (F2), and this is what a get:

Fatal Trap 22: FPU device not available while in kernel mode

Instruction Pointer	= 0x8:0c01a86fd
Stack Pointer		= 0x10:0xc024ff0c
Frame Pointer		= 0x10:0xc024ff1c
Code Segment		= base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
			= DPL 0, pres 1, def 32, gran 1
Processor eflags	= interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL=0
Current process		= 0 ()
interrupt mask		= net tty bio cam
trap number		= 22
panic: FPU device not available
Automatic reboot in 15 seconds - ......

Do you wizard know what is happening ?

PS: my uname -a output:
FreeBSD etosha 3.3-STABLE FreeBSD 3.3-STABLE #1: Sun Nov 28 02:16:33 EDT
1999     root@etosha:/usr/src/sys/compile/ETOSHA  i386

This is the only situation that causes FBSD to crash, on other way,
nothing wrong happens, my system runs like a rock.

Thanks a lot for your time and cooperation.

FreeBSD: Are you guys coming or what?