Date:      Mon, 25 Oct 1999 09:37:41 -0700
From:      Jeff Roediger <roeddog@primenet.com>
To:        CKimmerl@SARCOM.COM
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: "easy installation"!!!!! yeah right

CKimmerl@SARCOM.COM wrote:

> . ... It is so geared towards unix experienced geeks that a person unfamiliar
> with Unix is totally lost....

Well I'm not exactly a Chemistry grad. To be exact I dropped out of high
school.I had absolutely no experience with any OS except Windows. I installed
freeBSD this past weekend (ver 3.2) and had no problems. AT ALL!

It does require some leg work to learn and understand. And I'll admit I still
don't understand alot of it but I'm having a great time learning. And it sure as
hell beats Windows

I installed an Ethernet on my boxes with Win98 and they just would not work. So
I read about networking in Mr. Lehey's book and a few others I picked up and my
boxes now talk to each other. Surely if someone with a 10th grade education can
do it, others willing to put the time and effort into it can to.

Good luck with what ever OS you choose.

Jeff