Date:      Wed, 18 Dec 1996 17:51:01 -0800 (PST)
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        sysseh@devetir.qld.gov.au
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Odd error in -current when making world

 * During the "make cleandir" phase, it will rattle along for a while and then
 * something like this will happen -
 *
 * ===> gnu/usr.bin/gdb/gdb
 * ===> gnu/usr.bin/gdb/doc
 * ===> gnu/usr.bin/genclass
 * ===> gnu/usr.bin/gperf
 * pwd: No such file or directory
 * *** Error code 2
 *
 * Stop.
 * *** Error code 1
 *
 * Bizarre. If one restarts the make cleandir, it will continue on a little
 * further each time. Any clues before I bug this?

I have the exact same symptom, started last night (after I recompiled
the kernel for the first time since the 10th).  I thought it was a
hardware problem! ;)

I'll boot my old kernel and see if it improves the situation when i
get home.

Satoshi