Date:      Tue, 22 Oct 1996 03:58:35 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Thomas Arnold <tom@inna.net>
To:        Jake Hamby <jehamby@lightside.com>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Linux on a Disk?

On Mon, 21 Oct 1996, Jake Hamby wrote:

> Here's a bizarre one:  A company called Cosmos Engineering
> (www.cosmoseng.com) sells a product called "Linux on a Disk" which is an
> actual 1GB IDE hard drive with Linux preinstalled.  The price is $259.
>
> Is it just me, or does that sound like a pretty peculiar way to install
> Linux?  It won't even make the hard parts of installation (XF86Config,
> kernel config, network setup) any easier because they have no idea about
> the rest of the system it is going into!

Bah! Linux users will buy anything.  Print Linux on toilet paper and
they'd buy it.  Come to think of it, I'd like some Linux toilet paper...

:-)

( covers up his FreeBSD coffee mug, t-shirt, mousepad, poster... )

     : Tom Arnold - No relation to Rosanne           :
     : SysAdmin/Pres - TBI, Ltd ( inna.net )         :
     : The Middle Peninsula's Internet Connection    :