Date:      Mon, 13 May 1996 18:02:44 -0500
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        David <btjones@email.njin.net>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Gateway

At 9:23 PM  -0500 5/12/96, David wrote:
>	My basic situation (and problem, in a moment) is this: I have a
>FreeBSD machine connected to the internet via dip/CSLIP.  I have a
>Windows 95 computer sitting right next to it connected via null modem
>serial cable.

I would strongly recommend purchase of an ethernet card for both machines.
FreeBSD on an ethernet is easier than falling out of bed. El-cheapo NE2000
clones (you want one with "16k of RAM") are available for $20, maybe $30,
and you'll probably find better support for an ethernet card under Windows
95 than for SLIP/PPP.

--
David Kelly N4HHE,   n4hhe@amsat.org,    dkelly@hiwaay.net
                - Thomas Edison