Date:      Tue, 2 Sep 1997 00:57:52 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: What do *you* want to know about FreeBSD?

On Tue, 2 Sep 1997, Greg Lehey wrote:

> I'm currently working on the next edition of "The Complete FreeBSD",
> which will be significantly more complete than the current version.
> In addition to the current topics, which will be brought up to date, I
> am including a lot of material on networking.  Here are the chapters
> to show the general structure:

[snip]
>    Networks and the Internet
>    Setting up a network

In this section it seems there have been a lot of questions lately (and
I'm interested myself) in connecting to (etc) NT machines--samba and
other options....maybe even a comparison of what the alternatives offer
as servers....if I want to do something simple like set up an NT machine
in the same room with the FreeBSD machine, how do I get them to talk to
each other--hardware, software....

> My question to each of you: what else would you like to see?
>
> Greg

	Annelise

P.S.  Also a recent phenomenon is questions from people who've been
using Linux--a little something on "Making the Transition," perhaps--
a few notes on what's different, with references back to other sections
(e.g., System Administration) that might have the detailed info...