Date:      Wed, 18 Mar 1998 19:40:14 -0600
From:      lavalamp <lavalamp@ren.dias.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Hate to ask ...

Heya,

Sorry to ask a question that is probably answered somewhere on the site
but here is the general system components I am going with. Lemme know if
there are any errors. I am just learning and need the box just to learn
with but don't wanna have to buy twice. I'll go SCSI when I have the cash

MOTHERBOARD:  Pentium 430TX W/512K Cache
PROCESSOR:  AMD K6-233Mhz w/ MMX
MEMORY:  64MB 2pc 4x64 SDRAM (10ns)
VIDEO-CARD: ATI 3D Xpression 4MB EDO RAM
NETWORK-CARD: 3COM PCI 905 10/100 MBPS

Any glaring errors in that? Will any sound card work? I wanna run
X-Windows so I think this will be fast enough. Thanks a million and I am
looking forward to learning FreeBSD. Like my friends at my ISP say,
"You're no 'computer guy' if you don't know UNIX."  : )

Clay

"If I had a dime for every idea Microsoft stole, I'd be Bill Gates"

Clay C. Landis
System Admin
Florentine Opera Company
Milwaukee Wisconsin USA