Date:      Wed, 11 Apr 2007 20:10:49 +0100
From:      RW <fbsd06@mlists.homeunix.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: linux-flashplugin9 + Opera 9.20 = no go

On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 14:38:58 +0000 (UTC)
Andrew <aremo@ngi.it> wrote:

> The port builds and installs OK, but Opera 9.20 can't see the plugin.
> Are some undocumented post-install steps needed or does the port
> simply need an upgrade?

You don't mention which opera you are using. If it's the native version
then you need to install the opera-linuxplugins package to run
linux-plugins. However in my experience that only works with flash 7,
not 9.

I use flash 9 with linux-opera. That works on some sites,
albeit with no sound,