Date:      Wed, 22 May 1996 16:40:33 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jake Hamby <jehamby@lightside.com>
To:        "Chris J. Layne" <coredump@nervosa.com>
Cc:        "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>, Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>, FreeBSD current <freebsd-current@freefall.FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: editors

On Wed, 22 May 1996, Chris J. Layne wrote:

> On Wed, 22 May 1996, Matthew N. Dodd wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 22 May 1996, Chuck Robey wrote:
> > > That being the case, I have b'maked pico, and given it to Jordan.  This
> > > is a chance to everyone to comment, and tell me that replacing ee with
> > > pico is wrong.  If you don't want this to happen, now's your chance ...
> >
> > vi.
>
> vi.

In Chuck's defense, I would say "vi" too, but if you had a choice of an
editor IN ADDITION TO vi, which would you pick? (remember it must fit on
the boot floppy :-) I heard one vote for "joe" which is a decent editor,
but since pico is more popular, and we ARE doing this for newbie's, I
narrowly lean towards that.  I would NOT choose ee, as it has no advantage
over vi to me, nor would I expect, to a new user.

So in other words, if there is room on the boot disk for two editors, one
of which being vi, what do you vote for as the second editor?

---Jake