Date:      Wed, 30 Dec 1998 10:18:15 -0800 (PST)
From:      Alex Belits <abelits@phobos.illtel.denver.co.us>
To:        Matt Edwards <insane1@geocities.com>
Cc:        "Louis A. Mamakos" <louie@TransSys.COM>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PnP PCI modem

On Wed, 30 Dec 1998, Matt Edwards wrote:

> No such luck, thanks anyway.  I guess I forgot to tell you in the first
> message, its a Creative Labs Modem Blaster Flash56 (actually
> manufactured by a
> subsidary called DSI) PCI, PnP.  I ran pnpinfo and all it came up with
> was my
> Creative Labs Vibra16 (Sound Blaster) so I guess I got stuck with a
> 'winmodem'
> Thanx again.

PCI cards are called "PnP" only because of strange freak of
nature^H^H^H^H^H^Hmarketing. They have nothing to do with ISA PnP and
everything with PCI bus and its resource allocation. So even though I
never have seen that particular device it should be visible on PCI, and it
should be possible to configure serial driver for it, unless, of course
it's on PCI *and* it is winmodem (what makes even less sense than winmodem
on ISA bus).

--
Alex