Date:      Thu, 12 Dec 2002 9:59:27 -0600
From:      "Adriel Cardenas G." <aztlanet@gmx.net>
To:        gnome@freebsd.org <gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Repeatable crash from nautilus2

>On Wed, 2002-12-11 at 16:55, James Pole wrote:
>> On Thu, 2002-12-12 at 05:21, Adriel Cardenas G. wrote:
>> >  FWIW Why don't you check the LINT file, to verify the accepted terms for
>> > CPUTYPE, I believe all athlons CPU would use something like: k6 (it is what
>> > i have, with the same cpu, and never had a nautilus crash).
>>
>> 5.0-CURRENT uses GCC 3.x which has different cpu types. I'ld assume that
>> selecting the correct one would be better than choosing a CPUTYPE from
>> an older AMD processor.
>
>But not all of them work correctly.  For example, setting CPUTYPE to p4
>will cause many bad things to happen to you.

I'm not a 5.0-Current-user, but I believe that as with 4.7 Stable, the accepted terms
for the CPUTYPE var should be according to the /etc/defaults/make.conf file.

Isn't?

That's where I got that AMD's was named like K6/K7 or else.

Anyhow, If this variable is not set, there's no reason for a crash, because this var is set
to obtain optimization. But in the other hand if this var is set incorrectly, one could
expect some bad things to happen. Am I right?

Best regards.

Adriel