Date:      Sun, 21 Aug 2011 20:40:05 -0500
From:      Mark Linimon <linimon@lonesome.com>
To:        "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@berklix.com>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, ben@freebsd.org, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>, Chris Rees <utisoft@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: sysutils/diskcheckd needs fixing and a maintainer

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 02:57:17AM +0200, Julian H. Stacey wrote:
> I'd question _why_ valuable people like you & Chris would allow
> your time to be distracted merely to try to get repair run time
> capability of a port.

I haven't spent any time on this port.  I'm just trying to reply to
traffic on the mailing list.

Most of the time is spent on maintaining the package building cluster.
In general I'm happier to work on infrastructure patches than individual
ports.

But I do try to keep up with the mailing lists, and, in this case,
lend my support to the effort that others are doing to clean up bitrot.

I hope you can accept that it looks to me as though there are honest
differences of opinion about what shape this port is in.  I personally
have no stake in it.

mcl