Date:      Mon, 15 Sep 2008 12:08:14 -0400
From:      Sean Cavanaugh <millenia2000@hotmail.com>
To:        Artis Caune <artis.caune@gmail.com>, Chris Telting <christopher@telting.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Router Web Interface?

> Date: Mon=2C 15 Sep 2008 11:49:42 +0300
> From: artis.caune@gmail.com
> To: christopher@telting.org
> CC: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
> Subject: Re: Router Web Interface?
>=20
> On Mon=2C Sep 15=2C 2008 at 9:42 AM=2C Sasa Stupar <sasa@stupar.homelinux=
.net> wrote:
> > If you use machine only for the router purposes then I suggest you to
> > use Monowall.
>=20
> or pfSense :)
>=20

M0n0wall is more designed for embedded style systems such as low power boxe=
s running from a CompactFlash storage device.
pfSense is a fork from M0n0all that the main change is using pf as the filt=
er rather than ipfw. pfSense also has an embedded style image but their mai=
n one is a full install (HDD install) that supports extra packages such as =
Squid or Snort. 1.2-RELEASE of pfSense uses FreeBSD 6.3 where the betas of =
1.2.1 use 7.0