Date:      Sat, 14 Jun 2008 21:57:47 +0200
From:      =?UTF-8?Q?Daniel_Dvo=C5=99=C3=A1k?= <dandee@hellteam.net>
To:        <boris@tagnet.ru>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: quagga-0.99.9_7

Hi Boris,
=20
I would like to turn your attention on one little bug in quagga on =
FreeBSD.
=20
Why don=C2=B4t we user groupname quaggavty from the beginning when the =
quagga had been ported to FreeBSD ?
=20
What do I mena ? I will show you the diffrence between quagga on Debian =
and on our FreeBSD.
=20
They use group quaggavty for command vtysh and they help themself with =
pam.d/quagga file.
=20
user@server$ ls -l /etc/pam.d/quagga
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 162 2007-09-26 08:20 /etc/pam.d/quagga
user$ cat /etc/pam.d/quagga
# Any user may call vtysh but only those belonging to the group =
quaggavty can
# actually connect to the socket and use the program.
auth    sufficient      pam_permit.so

user@server$ whoami
user
user@server$ ls -l /etc/quagga/vtysh.conf
-rw-rw---- 1 quagga quaggavty 63 2008-01-10 01:28 /etc/quagga/vtysh.conf
user@server$ <mailto:user@server$>  cat /etc/quagga/vtysh.conf
username user nopassword
username root nopassword
log syslog
user@server$ <mailto:user@server$>  egrep quaggavty /etc/group
quaggavty:x:106:user
user@server$ <mailto:user@server$>  vtysh
=20
Hello, this is Quagga (version 0.99.5).
Copyright 1996-2005 Kunihiro Ishiguro, et al.
=20
server# exit
user@server$ <mailto:user@server$>=20

So here it works, now FreeBSD:
=20
> whoami
resu

> ls -l /etc/pam.d/quagga
ls: /etc/pam.d/quagga: No such file or directory

> ls -l /usr/local/etc/pam.d/quagga
ls: /usr/local/etc/pam.d/quagga: No such file or directory

> ls -l /usr/local/etc/quagga/vtysh.conf
-rw-rw-r--  1 quagga  quagga  129 10 led 01:52 =
/usr/local/etc/quagga/vtysh.conf

> cat /usr/local/etc/quagga/vtysh.conf
username resu nopassword
username root nopassword
log syslog

> pw group show quagga
quagga:*:101:resu

> vtysh
Exiting: failed to connect to any daemons.

=20
Is possible to repair it ? How can I assit you ?
=20
It would be good if new version 0.99.10 will count with vtysh like on =
Debian.
=20
Thank you.
=20