Date:      Fri, 23 Jan 2015 23:51:34 +0000 (UTC)
From:      Kostya Berger <bergerkos@yahoo.co.uk>
To:        "freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org" <freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Intel Centrino wireless-n 2230

Hello everyone,
glad to meet you. I subscribed to this list in order to get my above mentio=
ned card to work.Currently, the situation is as follows:It's Intel Centrino=
 wireless-N 2230 Mini PCIe that came pre-installed on my GA-Z77N-wifi mothe=
rboard.I'm running 11.0-CURRENT, downloaded pre-compiled txz distro files, =
dated 22.01.2015.
iwn0 interface gets created (in 10.1-RELEASE it doesn't), also wlan0 interf=
ace gets created all right.ifconfig wlan0 list scan command returns the lis=
t of the available SSIDs with parameters.However, wpa_supplicant fails to c=
onnect to my router's SSID, though it is present among the scan results.ifc=
onfig wlan0 shows, among other things, "no carrier" for wlan0.=C2=A0 Manual=
 connection using wpa_cli is no better.
BTW, can I somehow apply the needed code to 10.1-STABLE source tree and com=
pile there, or do I need 11-CURRENT to run the latest version of this drive=
r? Because 11-CURRENT will require rebuilding all ports. So right now I'm r=
unning it on a separate spare HDD, only base system.
Thanks to everyone for your hard work :)))
=C2=A0With kindest regards,
Kostya Berger
=20