Date:      Mon, 28 Aug 2000 23:05:05 -0700
From:      Arun Sharma <adsharma@sharmas.dhs.org>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Fwd: Suggestion for laptop suspension

Interesting idea. Does anyone here have any comments ?

	-Arun

From: rms@gnu.org (Richard Stallman)
Newsgroups: muc.lists.linux-kernel
Subject: Suggestion for laptop suspension
Date: 27 Aug 2000 12:24:07 +0200

On my laptop, suspending to disk is slow.  It takes a whole minute, and
another minute to unsuspend--if all of core is in use.  But it is much
faster when I do it not too long after the system was booted, when it has
not yet managed to use up most of core.

This suggests that it could be nice to make the kernel empty its caches, and
mark all that core "unused", when a suspend is about to happen.  I don't
know the details of how suspension works, so I am not sure this is possible,
but I think there are hooks for doing something in the kernel before a
suspend.