Date:      Tue, 11 May 1999 08:59:07 -0700
From:      Cy Schubert - ITSD Open Systems Group <Cy.Schubert@uumail.gov.bc.ca>
To:        tetragon@cyber.com.au
Cc:        "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NFS question..

In message <37356B25.DC23929@bitey.cyber.com.au>, Gavan McCormack
writes:

> far no
>  It
> > > I assume you mean in -CURRENT? This is the -STABLE list remember. :) Stil
> l,
> > Wrong. AFAIK, even 2.2.x has nfsv3. But only in 3.x the default
>
> Ok, so this list likes to keep me guessing.
>
> I assume then that NFSv3 cant do per-directory exporting? Or it just dosent
> make a difference on any version of BSD4.4? Or, I am just doing something
> wrong?
>
> Someone wanna clear the situation up before I install RH5.2?? (The original
> question being, can I export on a per-directory basis from my 3.1-STABLE
> machine, without exporting the entire local filesystem?)

Actually you can export filesystems on a directory basis, without the
-alldirs flag.  If you want to use the -alldirs flag you'll need to
jump through an extra hoop to get that working:  Mount a nullfs
filesystem with the directory you wish to export with -alldirs, then
export that instead.

Open Systems Group          Internet:  Cy.Schubert@uumail.gov.bc.ca
ITSD                                   Cy.Schubert@gems8.gov.bc.ca
Province of BC