Date:      Sun, 1 Jun 2003 01:27:40 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Daniel Eischen <eischen@pcnet.com>
To:        Martin Blapp <mb@imp.ch>
Cc:        freebsd-threads@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: konsole does still now work in libthr, libkse

On Sat, 31 May 2003, Martin Blapp wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> After a make world and new kernel with newest cvs,
> konsole does
>
> with libkse: opens a win, and closes it immediatly again.
> with libthr: crashes instantly (but only the first one)
> with libc_r: works just fine
>
> Note. To test it you _must_ restart your X, just changeing
> libmap does not help at all.

Weird.  From what I can tell, it's trying to chown on
/dev/ttypN and failing (permission error).  When this
happens, I think it aborts itself.

If I run konsole a few times in a row, it eventually works
and then I can't get it to fail.  If I compile libkse with
-g, it only fails once and then works.

--
Dan Eischen