Date:      Fri, 12 Mar 1999 11:27:36 -0700
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        Scott Mitchell <scott@dcs.qmw.ac.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: compatibility list

Hi,

> They seem to have dropped the price -- only 300 bucks now [cf. the $500
> that Nate paid :-( ]
>
> Random idea time: members of the PCMCIA cabal get the same thing for $50.
> Would we be violating anyone's licence if someone in one of the member
> companies bought a couple of copies (with FreeBSD cash) and then 'donated'
> them back to the project?  Too much trouble to save a couple hundred bucks?
>
> I'd try this with my contacts at Xircom, but I think I should wait until
> I've signed the licence and got the specs for their own cards before seeing
> how far I can push this relationship :)

I would suggest that anyone doing coding on this project get copies of:

 PCMCIA System Architecture, 2nd edition,  ISBN 0-201-40991-7
 CardBus System Architecture,              ISBN 0-201-40997-6

both books published by MindShare, Inc. as part of the PC System Architecture
series.

--
Steve Passe	| powered by