Date:      Tue, 22 Dec 1998 19:07:59 -0600
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: This just in: Microsoft/Sears Merger

Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai writes:
Drew Baxter wrote:
> If you can get 85+% of the software on the market to work on FreeBSD, and
> support my Voodoo2 card, I'll switch..

Excuses, excuses, excuses. 85% percent of software doesn't support your
Voodoo2 card, so the requirement that 85% of software support FreeBSD
and the Voodoo2 card is extremely unlikely. If it were to come to pass,
Jordan Hubbard would have done what Bill Gates couldn't do.

Not to mention less than 85% of all software runs on Microsoft hosts.
Apple, Unix, and mainframes have at least 20% of the software market.