Date:      Tue, 15 Sep 2009 19:31:11 +0200
From:      "Johan Hendriks" <Johan@double-l.nl>
To:        <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Thierry Thomas <thierry@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   RE: 8.0-Beta installation problem -- Unable to find /dev/ad0s1b

>Le Lun 14 sep 09 =E0 23:08:53 +0200, Jin Guojun <jguojun@sbcglobal.net>
 =E9crivait=A0:
>> I do not enve know how to make "dangerously dedicated" disk, and the
>> 8.0 may do this sliently.

>No, I don't think so! But such a problem may arise if your disk had =
been
>installed as "dangerously dedicated" in a former version. =
Unfortunately,
>previous versions of sysinstall have created uncorrect labels, and the
>new gpart in 8.0 does not see them.

>In that case, you have to boot kernel.old and wipe out the bad label. =
If
>you reboot with a 7.2 kernel, can you see your missing partitions?
>--=20
>Th. Thomas.

I have a problem like this also.
I have a server which runs FreeBSD 7.2 and i did update it to RELENG_8 =
but i can not see the data disk anymore.
If i put in an system disk with FreeBSD 6 or 7 or pcbsd then i can read =
the disk fine.
Or if i put the data disk into a server with 6, 7 or pcbsd i also can =
see the disk.
What can i do to make the drive useable in 8.

Regards,
Johan