Date:      Mon, 7 Jul 1997 23:29:33 -0700
From:      "Daniel \"the Bruce\" Keller" <dkeller@psln.com>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions List" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   how to play cd through Ensoniq soundscape

Hi,
I am haveing trouble playing audio CDs. My CD-ROM is setup as the first
drive on the second EIDE controller, I can read data off it fine, but the
sound goes from the CD-Rom to my Ensoniq Soundscape. I can us "cdcontrol -f
/dev/wcd0c" to start, stop, eject, ect. the CD-Rom, But I never get any
sound. I assume I need to set up my sound card, but FreeBSD 2.2.2 doesn't
support the Ensoniq Soundscape. Do any newer versions of FreeBSD support
this sound card (there is a option that looks like it might be for the
soundscape in the LINT file, but is is commented out as "broklen" or
"unfinished" or something similar)? If so Is there any way I can just add
it to my current system with out upgrading the whole thing? If it is not
supported in any newser versions is there any way so I can get CD audio?
Thanks, All help is greatly appriciated!
Daniel Keller

PS:
Thanks again to everybosy who helped me get X running correctly.