Date:      Tue, 25 Feb 1997 04:44:54 -0600 (CST)
From:      Chad Scott <chad@txdirect.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Spoofed IPs

I'm not sure if this is a FAQ or not, but I can't find any info on the web
or elsewhere about this subject, so I will pose it here.

I have a FreeBSD machine running ircd, and it has been proven to me that
it is IP "spoofable".  I have BSDi BSD/OS running on several machines here
(for my more mundane things) and it doesn't seem to have this problem when
running the same copy of ircd.

Are there patches or something similar available to prevent these spoofing
attacks?

Please reply via e-mail as I'm not on this list formally.

Thanks,
Chad Scott                     |  chad@txdirect.net
Systems Administrator          |  Voice 210-308-9800 x206
Internet Direct, Incorporated  |  FAX   210-308-9240
    Finger chad@txdirect.net for PGP Public Key