Date:      Sat, 22 Sep 2001 10:43:12 -0700 (PDT)
From:      pcw <pcw@karpy.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Upgrade to 4.4 breaks acroread and wordperfect

I just upgraded my 4.2 home system to 4.4 via cvsup. that worked well +- a
few minor gliches. My problem now is that some linux applications no
longer work. For example: acroread 3.05 and my trusty old WP7 no longer
work.

errors are as follows

momo:/users/pcw> acroread
XIO:  fatal IO error 2 (Bad file number) on X server "0:0.0"
      after 96 requests (94 known processed) with 0 events remaining.

momo:/users/pcw> xwp (wp7)
XIO:  fatal IO error 2 (Bad file number) on X server "0:0.0"
      after 284 requests (278 known processed) with 22 events remaining.

momo:/users/pcw> acroread4
/usr/local/Acrobat4/Reader/intellinux/bin/acroread: error in loading
shared libraries: libreadcore.so: cannot stat shared object: Operation not
permitted

Any help wuold be appreciated!

Peter Wallace