Date:      Sat, 21 Oct 2000 15:21:41 -0700
From:      Doug Barton <DougB@gorean.org>
To:        Len Conrad <lconrad@Go2France.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: can't build custom kernel

Len Conrad wrote:

> Hackers,
>
> Sorry to bother, but two postings to -question of the msg below in
> two days got now response. I'm dead in the water.
>
> tia,
> Len

> FreeBSD 4.1.1 from an .iso image
>
> Making a custom kernal
>
> make depend
>
> gives:
>
> In file included from ../../i386/isa/isa_compat.c:46:
> ../../i386/isa/isa_compat.h:42: bw.h: No such file or directory
> mkdep: compile failed
> *** Error code 1

	Your sources are corrupt. There has never been a 'bw.h' file in the
FreeBSD tree. How did you install the sources? You might want to delete
them and install a fresh set with cvsup. Take a look at
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/i386/isa/Attic/isa_compat.h?rev=1.27.2.6&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup
for the current version of this file in RELENG_4.

Good luck,

Doug
--
        "The dead cannot be seduced."