Date:      Mon, 23 Mar 98 21:02:46 -0800
From:      "Studded" <Studded@dal.net>
To:        "jkh@freebsd.org" <jkh@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        "freebsd-doc@freebsd.org" <freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG>, "FreeBSD Stable List" <FreeBSD-Stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   New FOO.TXT docs available for review

	I'm done with what I think is a pretty good draft of the various
FOO.TXT documents for the root directory of the CD. Basically what I did
was edit the exisiting information. I put it in a more consistent format
(and reformatted a bit to make printing in DOS easier) and reorganized the
files with all similar information in the same file. No information from
the original files was omitted, however numerous small typos and
inaccuracies were corrected.

	I've put them up at http://home.san.rr.com/freebsd. The are
available now by typing in the names of the files (below). In a few
minutes I'll have an html interface available at
http://home.san.rr.com/freebsd/readme.html. You need to type the filenames
in lower case. I can send the whole package tgz'ed if desired.

	Please direct any feedback to -stable. I'll be on tonight and I
can make changes as desired.

Enjoy,

Doug

ROAD MAP:

  README.TXT    This file

  ABOUT.TXT     All about FreeBSD, including contact information

  RELNOTES.TXT  Release Notes - what's new & different in this
                release

  OVERVIEW.TXT  Information about the layout of the release
                directory. If you are installing from floppies,
                it is especially important that you
                *read this section!*

  HARDWARE.TXT  Information about the configuration of the
                GENERIC kernel and supported hardware

  IMPORTNT.TXT  Important information you should read before
                doing an upgrade or new installation

  INSTALL.TXT   How to make a new installation of FreeBSD
                on your PC using the data you see here

  UPGRADE.TXT   How to upgrade your existing FreeBSD
                installation

  TROUBLE.TXT   Troubleshooting information

*** Proud operator, designer and maintainer of the  world's largest
*** Internet Relay Chat server.  4,710 clients and still growing. :-)
*** Try spider.dal.net on ports 6662-4    (Powered by FreeBSD)
***		Part of the DALnet IRC network		***