Date:      Fri, 29 May 2009 23:11:57 +0200
From:      Mel Flynn <mel.flynn+fbsd.questions@mailing.thruhere.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        postmaster@freebsd.org
Subject:   Greylisting and new posters

All (including David with his kick-ass postmaster hat),

while off-topic, flames and other non sense covered by Freedom of Speech are
an annoyance to many, I'm more bothered by some newcomers to the list that are
being greylisted on first post and instantly hit the resend button. Especially
since a technical solution is possible in 90% of the cases (there are a few
people that don't resend, but re-edit).

Is it possible to:
a) Put a big-red-blink-popup-attentiongrabbing monster text into the
subscription page about first posts being delayed with a link to greylisting?
b) Hash the bodies of greylisted messages and reject / discard if the same
body with a different msg id is being received?

I'd be happy to contribute to b) if it is thought that the incoming mailer can
handle the hashing and storage of this information.
--
Mel