Date:      Wed, 26 May 2004 05:09:25 +0000 (UTC)
From:      "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-lists@lists.zabbadoz.net>
To:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   buildworld: internal compiler errors

Hi,

I have - once again - installed a crossbuild release of
FreeBSD for amd64.

My problem is that while the machine is pretty stable itself (no more
crashes as with 5.2.1R etc., IO up to the limit, ...) I am not able
to successfully finish a make buildworld.

I had added
COPTFLAGS=      -O -frename-registers -pipe
to my make.conf (also put that make.conf in the chroot of the release
build this time).

But still 9/10 times the build fails somewhere in stage 2.3 (build
tools) with an internal compiler error (I can post some logs this
afternoon if needed).

So the questions is: is buildworld asssumed to complete cleanly or is
there anything else to tune ?
Or should I tripple-check my hardware (memory comes to my mind) ?

--
Greetings