Date:      Sat, 6 Nov 2004 19:40:32 -0500
From:      "Ara" <ara@avvali.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   5.3 final and still lock on boot

Hello

I just downloaded the final version of 5.3 and no matter of any type of boot
process I choose, right after displaying sysinstall it locks up and becomes
dead. Any idea what I can do to get 5.3 installed? How safe is using an
older release cd like 4.10 and choose ftp install and point to 5.3 series,
because I have no problem with 4.10 or 5.2

Machine is amd athlon xp and asus board with ide drive and drr ram

Thank you for help