Date:      Wed, 09 Feb 2000 13:28:08 -0500
From:      Peter Schwenk <schwenk@math.udel.edu>
To:        Marc Wandschneider <marcw@lanfear.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: "dangerously dedicated"

It means it will not make a Microsoft compatible partition table on the drive and just
use a BSD type disklabel.  This precludes installing other operating systems on the
drive.

Marc Wandschneider wrote:

> blaugh!
>
>         so, i've got FreeBSD 3.3 on a couple of machines, and i've got it taking up
> ALL of the SCSI disks on this system.  This creates a "Dangerously
> Dedicated" warning ... what exactly does this mean?    Should I worry about
> it?  I don't plan on installing anything else, and if I do end up doing so,
> I'll just low-level the disks...
>
>         marc.

PETER SCHWENK                                    |  UNIX System Administrator
Department of Mathematical Sciences              |  University of Delaware
schwenk@math.udel.edu                            |  (302)831-0437 <-NEW!!!