Date:      Fri, 30 Jun 2000 13:19:53 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Mike Walker <walker@usc.edu>
To:        Pascal Hofstee <daeron@shadowmere.student.utwente.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: "Sticky" Keys ?

You want accessx for X-windows.  Solaris, Compaq/Digital, and SGI
provide it, but I didn't see anything at www.xfree86.org
Searching around the web found a version for Linux
http://slappy.cs.uiuc.edu/fall98/Linux/download.html

Apple has long provided good support with Easy Access.
Also, Microsoft's "accessibility" support gets much better under
Windows 2000, but still geared toward having you buy something
better/commercial.

Sticky keys allows you to press key combinations one key at a time.
There are many other controls:
- Slow keys makes the keys not respond until they've been held down
  a long time so bumping other keys won't trigger them.
- Slow mouse slows mouse cursor movement.
- Some of these packages allow you to use the keypad as a mouse
  replacement with adjustable speed.
- Magnifiers
- Software to read aloud menus and text

Good luck,