Date:      Thu, 30 Nov 2000 17:44:17 -0700
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        Stacy Millions <stacy@Millions.CA>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Here is what IBM thinks about using FreeBSD on their newerThinkpads

At 08:10 AM 11/30/2000, Stacy Millions wrote:

>I like a good round of IBM bashing as much as the next guy :-)
>But I think your expectations for warranty repair is a little out of
>whack. I agree that seven days without a laptop is a long time, but
>I don't expect expedited service without paying for it (either
>on a case by case basis or with a service contract).

They didn't offer it. In fact, they did several things which
unnecessarily delayed the repair. We ended up paying big bucks to
get a second, reconditioned machine of the same model so as to
keep going while the other was gone. And -- guess what? Even
though it came in a sealed IBM box, with markings indicating that it
had been reconditioned by IBM itself, it failed before the first
got back from the shop.

--Brett