Date:      Sun, 27 Oct 2013 00:31:27 -0400
From:      "illoai@gmail.com" <illoai@gmail.com>
To:        Wolfgang Zenker <wolfgang@lyxys.ka.sub.org>
Cc:        "stable@freebsd.org" <stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: x11 hangs unkillable on 10.0-BETA1

On 26 October 2013 21:18, Wolfgang Zenker <wolfgang@lyxys.ka.sub.org> wrote:
> Testing 10.0-BETA1 on an old IBM T42p Laptop, after a while Xorg starts
> to use 100% CPU, stops to update the screen and does not accept any
> input anymore. I can still work from remote via ssh; top shows Xorg using
> up 100% CPU most of the time. Trying to kill or even kill -9 the Xorg
> process does not result in an error message but fails to terminate the
> process.
>
> What information would be helpful to debug this?

Screams of the tormented?  Basically, I debug [X] by disabling
features until it doesn't lock up, & then I use those settings until
it causes lockups (from updates).

mplayer would reliably lock Xorg if I used (or allowed) vo=sdl
or higher (gl, gl2, whatever).  vo=x11 a) never locks up xorg &
4) doesn't allow resizing of windows to scale the player.  Oh f'well.

is one of those terrible i915 or something video cards.  Ugh.

Sorry.