Date:      Sat, 1 Apr 2006 10:23:54 -0500
From:      "Michael P. Soulier" <msoulier@digitaltorque.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   freebsd rocks

--DLjW/zgzzl4LEtEW

People,

I've been using Linux for some time, and decided to try out FreeBSD on my h=
ome
server. I would like to thank all contributors for the quality of the produ=
ct,
and the community. My questions have always been answered helpfully. Out of
the box, the server reports its health to me regularly and those reports are
easy to extend. For a Unix hacker like myself, the environment is wonderful,
and easy to maintain.=20

I'm not pleased with the direction that much of Linux is taking. Daemons
managing files traditionally managed by people. Help stored in man, info, h=
tml
and God knows what else. I could go on but I'm sure you know well already.=
=20

On FreeBSD, my NIC driver has a manpage. Astonishing, and helpful. Not
everything is a dream, but the community is helping make me comfortable. Th=
is
is what Unix felt like when I first touched it.=20

Kudos.=20

Mike

--=20
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@digitaltorque.ca>