Date:      Tue, 28 Mar 2000 23:37:55 +0200
From:      Gary Jennejohn <garyj@muc.de>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   UP kernel performance and Matt Dillon's patches

I'm running a UP machine with Matt's latest changes. I was just
compiling a new kernel and noticed the my PS/2 mouse under X was very
sluggish. I never noticed this sort of behavior before the changes,
even while doing ``make -j8 buildworld''.

The compile was running on a UW SCSI disk on an Adaptec aic7880 Ultra
SCSI adapter on my motherboard, in case it matters.

Looks like something has been verschlimmbessert (a wonderful German
word which means "made worse through improvement" :)

--------
Gary Jennejohn / garyj@muc.de garyj@fkr.cpqcorp.net gj@freebsd.org