Date:      Wed, 15 Dec 1999 20:00:24 +0100 (CET)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@dorifer.heim3.tu-clausthal.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How to have multi login again

Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven wrote in list.freebsd-questions:
 > -On [19991215 04:45], m (kamidesu@hotpop.com) wrote:
 > >
 > > shutdown -k now
 > >
 > > the file NOLOGIN forbids further login. If I erase it, I go back to
 > >multilogin.
 > >
 > > Is there any other way to do it, besides deleting that file? Thanks.
 >
 > exiting your single user shell will restart all rc scripts and go back
 > into multi-user mode.

Uhm, he isn't in single user mode at all.

All that shutdown -k does is to be loud to all users that are
currently logged in, create /etc/nologin, and then exit.

And, of course, the only way to delete that file is to delete
that file.  ;-)

Regards
   Oliver

--
Oliver Fromme, Leibnizstr. 18/61, 38678 Clausthal, Germany

"In jedem Stück Kohle wartet ein Diamant auf seine Geburt"
                                         (Terry Pratchett)