Date:      Tue, 09 Apr 96 10:30:44 -0400
From:      Rohan Oberoi <ro11@crux2.cit.cornell.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Installing packages from DOS partition

I've successfully installed FreeBSD on my Pentium from a DOS partition.

What I'm trying to figure out now is how to install packages like emacs
from BOOT.FLP's post-install configuration menu.

Here's what I have: C:\FreeBSD\Packages\Index
                    C:\FreeBSD\Packages\All\emacs-19.29

(both copied from ftp://ftp.cslab.vt.edu/pub/FreeBSD/2.1.0-RELEASE/packages).

I haven't copied the entire contents of the packages directory because I
don't have the space for it and don't want most of those packages.

The post-install configuration menu lets me select emacs, but then fails
to load it from DOS partition.  I tried replacing the UNIX path in the
Index file with  "C:\FreeBSD\Packages\All\emacs-19.29" but that didn't
work either.

Would appreciate any suggestions...  :(

Regards,
Rohan.