Date:      Fri, 27 Jan 95 8:12:46 PST
From:      "J.W. Smith NASNI ISD " <jsmith@nasni.san.mrms.navy.mil>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org

	Hi,
		I am having a problem installing FreeBSD 2.0 and I was
hoping you could lend a hand.  I am able to begin the installation process
but when I get to the point:

		unzipping /stand/sysinstall onto hard disk

the install then halts and I get the following message which is partially
obscured by the message box which pops up in the middle of the screen.

T0 80<invld> cyl				recal failed S
fd0c: hard error re				ST1 1<no_am> S
T2 0 cyl 53 hd0 sec 13)

zcat: stdin: input/output error

	It appears to be a read error on the floppy drive but I've used
3 different floppies (2 brand-new, 1 fairly new but known good) on multiple
attempts and cannot get beyond this point.  I got the CD from Walnut Creek and
if its just the unzip program which is crashing then I could return it for
another. Also, if there is a manual work-around then I'd like to here about it.
My hardware config:
			486/66 Gateway 2000
			16MB, 2 IDE drives (installing on drive 0)
			NEC cd-rom on a Soundblaster-16 SCSI interface
			no NIC

			Thank-you in advance,
				Joseph W. Smith
				jsmith@nasni.san.mrms.navy.mil