Date:      Sat, 22 Sep 2001 14:10:09 -0400
From:      "jason" <kib@mediaone.net>
To:        "Bill Moran" <wmoran@iowna.com>, "Wijnand Wiersma" <freebsd@4business.nl>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, <bart@hakkefest.linux-site.net>
Subject:   Re: partitions and slices

I recently had trouble using slices within partitions.  In FreeBSD 4.3 there
is no visible option to do it any other way and it caused my FreeBSD only
system to not boot.

If you use the "F" command in the partitioning portion of the install rather
than the "A" command it will allow you to use a "Dangerously Dedicated"
partition which will probably work for better so long as you are not trying
to run more than one OS on that machine.  I do not know what is so
"Dangerous" about doing it that way.  It would seem that its more Dangerous
to not do it that way.  Besides, Who would want to run anything other than
FreeBSD anyhow?  :)