Date:      Wed, 23 Sep 1998 00:49:34 +0000
From:      Niall Smart <rotel@indigo.ie>
To:        Drew Baxter <netmonger@genesis.ispace.com>, FreeBSD Hackers <hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Packet/traffic shapper ?

On Sep 21,  2:07pm, Drew Baxter wrote:

> But *that* is a user problem... I don't want to 'default accept all' in my
> kernel either.. or IPFW_DEFAULT_TO_ACCEPT or whatever option it is.. But
> hey, I can only allow certain ports and things like that, which makes it
> rather flexible.

Personally I don't think IPFW_DEFAULT_TO_ACCEPT is a bad idea, once you
are sure you have the accept rules necessary to ensure your connectivity
to the host you can pop in a deny all rule.  This will probably be slower
than defaulting to deny though.

Niall

--
Niall Smart, rotel@indigo.ie.
Amaze your friends and annoy your enemies: