Date:      Mon, 17 Jul 2000 16:04:36 +1200
From:      "Dave Preece (KB Group)" <dave.preece@kbgroup.co.nz>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   gcc 2.95.2, placement new hassles.

Possibly off topic, but here goes.

I'm trying to use placement new with gcc 2.95.2 on FBSD4.0-Release and can't
get it to go with an error:

<internal>:11: too many arguments to function `void * operator new(unsigned
int)'

Disclaimer: I've never tried to use placement new before, but I've RTFM'd
fairly heavily around this one and I'm sure both the source and version of
gcc are OK. Said offending lines of source are below:

        void* pShared=shm::GetSharedMemoryPtr(); //FYI a static member
function
        shm* pObject=new(pShared) shm();

Any ideas?

Dave