Date:      Wed, 24 Oct 2001 11:03:12 +0100
From:      Rasputin <rasputin@submonkey.net>
To:        Chris BeHanna <behanna@zbzoom.net>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   OT: (was: [HARD CRASH] gdb output - what is it saying?)

* Chris BeHanna <behanna@zbzoom.net> [011024 09:00]:

>     I've had trouble with drm-kmod.  To wit, when I kldunload the
> modules in reverse order of loading, I get a fatal trap 12 when I
> unload radeon.ko (I have a Radeon QD board in my box, on an AMD
> 761 ("Irongate")-based motherboard).

"Me too" - AGP Voodoo 3 3000, I get trap 12 (kldunload) errors
when going from single/multi-user and back
(usually as part of a 'make installworld/mergemaster')

I work around it by copying tdfx.ko to /modules - X can find it if it needs
to, and seems to make a much better job of loading/unloading it cleanly
than the /usr/local/etc/rc.d machanisms.

--
Documentation is the castor oil of programming.  Managers know it must
be good because the programmers hate it so much.