Date:      Wed, 22 Apr 1998 10:28:18 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Tom <tom@sdf.com>
To:        Chrisy Luke <chrisy@flix.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Beta 2 Release of Multipath Routing Code.

On Wed, 22 Apr 1998, Chrisy Luke wrote:

> I'm working on GateD. I've got GateD3_6Alpha_2 doing something half
> sensible, but not quite. When I've done GateD4 I'll submit those changes
> back to the Consortium.

  How sensible?  I'm more concerned about correct fail-over to a working
default route if one of them dies.  Currently, I'm not sure what gated
does if it finds that two routers are advertising a default route as the
current code supports one default route at a time.  Now with that your
code supports multiple indentical routes, would gated automatically remove
the ones that stop being advertised?

  Also, how about multiple interfaces to the same network?  For example,
let say I have fxp0 and fxp1 connected to the same LAN (10.0.0.0/24) and
fxp0 is 10.0.0.2 and fxp1 is 10.0.0.3.  The existing kernel code can't
easily handle this because there are two identical routes to the
10.0.0.0/24 network.

Tom