Date:      Sat, 20 Jan 2001 14:06:39 -0800 (PST)
From:      Tyler McGeorge <millioncheese@yahoo.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: problem with Telnet

I think I may have had a similar problem. I was able
to actually connect if I waited a long time. Which
means extending the timeout period of you FTP client,
usually. After I established a domain name for my
computer that was valid, the telnet works much faster.
As in, I was able to instantly connect. And after I
setup a BIND name daemon, my FTP connections were
established almost instantaneously as well. I, too,
asked about that problem on newgroups and on this
list, but didn't not recieve any explanation. I would
be curious to know why this happens, so if you could,
let me know if you figure out the cause(s).

Ty
--- Piotr Kryszk <Piotr.Kryszk@zrit.olsztyn.tpsa.pl>